Thank you for your order!
We wouldn't be where we are today without you...
Installation is quick and simple.
Wiring your new Thermalblade Heated Wiper Blades
- Find a location within 5 feet of the vehicle battery and use screws or Velcro to mount the Electronic Control Module (ECM).
- Plug in the supplied Wire Harness to the ECM and connect the red wire to the battery positive terminal and black wire to battery negative terminal.
- The Thermistor, which is a small temperature sensor on the end of two conductor wires must be positioned and secured behind the grill or in another location that will sense outside air temperature and will not be affected by engine or radiator heat.
- Route the remaining two sets of wires under the vehicle cowl from the engine compartment one set to each wiper arm base and up along the wiper arm, ensuring that no moving parts interfere with the wiring. Use the cable ties supplied and securely fasten to the wiper arm. (If possible route the wire though the tensioning spring on the wiper arm, this keeps the wire neatly in place and centered on the arm).
- Install each wiper to the arm using the adapter provided. If using the heated squeegee, plug the end of the wire harness into the waterproof connector on the Heated Squeegee Module. If using the non-heated squeegee, insert the weather plug (supplied with the Un-Heated Squeegee Module) into the wire harness end to ensure it does not get contaminated.
Operation of the Electronic Control Module (ECM)
The ECM is a self contained electronic control module including diagnostics for the operation ofThermalblades. Once power is connected, the ECM is placed into stand-by mode. Two conditions need to be met for the ECM to activate power to the heating element: 1. The engine must be running. 2. The outside temperature is less than +4° C plus/minus 2° C(39° F plus/minus 4° F). Once these two conditions are met, the HWCM will send power to the heating element and the Thermalblade wiper will begin to heat. When the engine is shut off, the HWCM will interrupt power to the wiper ensuring no battery drain while the vehicle is off. The ECM is independent from the vehicle’s computer system to ensure universal fit for any 12v vehicle.
- The ECM has self diagnostic LED lights to assist in troubleshooting.
- No lights—HWCM not detecting voltage above 13v (start engine...check wiring)
- Flashing green— above 13v detected but thermistor is warmer than +4 C plus/minus 2° C(39° F plus/minus4° F) (move thermistor away from heat source)
- Steady green— power is being supplied to the wiper blades. Above 13v and below +4 C plus/minus 2° C(39°Fplus/minus 4° F) is detected
- Flashing red—open or shorted circuit in the heating element (check wiring...replace Heated Squeegee Module)
- Alternating flashing red—an open or shorted circuit in the thermistor (check wiring...replace thermistor)
ECM hot & no lights—possible positive and negative wires crossed. (check wiring)